You want to sell an artwork?
- Why create an account on artshortlist.com?
Your personal account will give you access to many features : you will be able to request appraisals/expertises, put on sale artworks, respond to offers, exchange with interested buyers, request changes to your artworks for sale, build a list of favorite works and be alerted as soon as the price of an artwork of your choice changes. In addition, you will be able to choose to receive our monthly newsletter.
- How are the appraisals made?
To estimate an artwork, we take into account: the artist's rating on the art market, the state of conservation, provenance and originality of the subject represented.
- Is it possible to meet to make an appraisal/expertise?
To get the best appraisal possible, it is recommended to meet so that one of our experts can inspect your work. On this occasion, we will be able to realize high-definition visuals as well as videos .
However, visuals provided by you are, in the vast majority of cases, sufficient for us to make an appraisal/expertise. The same goes for a online publishing on the site.
- How much does it cost to publish online my artwork?
The online publishing of your artwork is totally free.
- Is there a maximum duration of online publishing for an artwork?
It is spread over one year and can be renewed by mutual agreement.
- Does my artwork stay at home when it goes on sale?
It will not leave your home unless an interested buyer wants to see the work.
Two possibilities are offered to you:
- the meeting is held at your home.
- or in our showroom located in Paris.
It's up to you to decide where and when. Travel expenses for the artwork are the responsibility of the buyer.
- How to take good visuals of my artwork?
Find all our tips for producing quality visuals in the "photos" step on the artwork registration form and the expertise form.
- Does the quality of my artwork's pictures have an impact on its attractiveness?
Picture quality is an important parameter, buyers need images that stay true to the colors and textures of your artwork. If you can not take it, our team has professional photographic equipment and is at your disposal to help you (as far as possible geographically).
- Can I sell my artwork in another way while it's on artshortlist.com?
No, when you use our service, you agree to the exclusivity of the means of sale.
- Is it possible if I want to get my artwork out of the sale?
After 2 months of uploading, you can ask us to withdraw your artwork from the sale.
- Can Art Shortlist refuse to sell an artwork?
Art Shortlist reserves the right to accept or to decline any artwork offered for sale.
- When does the 48 hour deadline for responding to an offer begin?
This period begins as soon as Art Shortlist has sent you by email or telephone the potential buyer offer.
- Why do we offer electronic confirmations to finalize transactions?
The electronic confirmation contains all the terms and conditions of the transaction. Moreover, the electronic confirmations have an incontestable advantage: they combine simplicity with legal security equivalent to a signature on paper.
- What is the legal value of the electronic signature?
With Law No. 2000-230 of 13 March 2000 and Article 1316-4 of the French Civil Code, the electronic signature has acquired the same probative force as the handwritten signature.
Art Shortlist uses the services of the world sector leader, present in 188 countries, Docusign. The certificates of signatures are time stamped and admissible in court with a digital traceability system.
This solution perfectly suits the European standards elDAS as Qualified Electronic Signature (SEQ).
- Where can I find my sales invoices and my electronic confirmations?
Invoices and confirmations can be found in your personal space. To view or download them, go to « my documents » and then « my invoices » or « my confirmations ».
- How will I receive my payment?
As soon as the buyer has acknowledged receipt of the work, we will proceed to a bank transfer of the amount indicated in the sales confirmation. Our banking partner is Banque Michel Inchauspé, French family bank.
- When will I receive payment for the sale of my artwork?
No artwork is delivered to a buyer until he has made the transfer of the full amount of the transaction. This amount will be kept in a secure dedicated account and our chief financial officer will take care of organizing your paiement as soon as possible. You receive the payment once the buyer has received the artwork by hand or at home. The buyer will have to confirm the state of the work to validate the transaction definitively.
- How does Art Shortlist receive its commission of 10% of the selling price?
When the buyer makes his payment, we will charge 10% of the price on which you and the buyer were agreed. You and the buyer should pay a 20% VAT applicable in France as part of intermediation on the purchase of artwork. For example, for a work negotiated at a price of 10 000€, the buyer will have to pay 11 200€ (1 000€ corresponding to the commission of 10% and 200€ corresponding to the VAT of 20% on this committee).
In this case, Art Shortlist will receive an identical commission of 800 € from the buyer and the seller. As a seller you will receive: 9000 € - 200 € (corresponding to the VAT of 20% on the commission) = 8 800 €.
- What are the average commission rates applied by art market players for the artworks sales?
These rates are in the range of 10 to 50%, it depends on the means of sale (ex: auctions, galleries...)
- Are sales prices on artshortlist.com made public?
In principle, these prices are not revealed, the discretion is privileged by Art Shortlist and these data remain confidential, unless the buyer and the seller agree to make them public.
- Who supports the artwork transport?
The buyer pays all shipping costs, whether it's moving your artwork to a meeting point or delivering it to his home.
- I am an artist, can I sell my artworks on the platform?
Art Shortlist is a trusted solution that is not reserved for individuals. Dear artists, we are here to promote your creations and show them to our collectors network. Would you like to join our "Shortlist"? Contact us, we will be delighted to discover your artistic universe and your creations.
- What is the applicable VAT for the sale of an original artwork for an artist residing in France or his successors?
As an artist when you sell one of your artworks, you are engaged in an economic activity that requires you to draw up an invoice and mentioned on it the applicable VAT rate.
Whatever the buyer of your artwork, you must add to the sale price VAT at the rate of 5.5%.
However, you can benefit from the franchise system (no VAT) when the sales you make in the year are below the following threshold: 42 600€.
If you benefit from the franchise system referred to above, you are exempt from invoicing VAT but you must write the following mention on your invoice: « VAT not applicable - article 293 B of the CGI ».
- What is the applicable VAT for the sale of an original artwork for an artist not residing in France?
Depending on the country of residence of the selling artist, VAT and its amount will be determined on a case by case basis.
- What are the VAT rates for professionals?
These VAT rates depend on the nature of the activity and the tax status of the professional sellers concerned. As such, they must draw up an invoice in accordance with the applicable law in the context of a sale.
Your question is not in our FAQ?
Contact us by chat or directly by phone at+33 9 77 215 600