Thibault Laget-ro was born in Tokyo in 1976. He is assimilated to the figurative movement.
The artist graduated from the Sorbonne University in economics, he then joined the free classes of the École des Beaux-Arts de Paris, in the studios of Hubert de Chalvron and Jean-Marc Thommen. Subsequently, Thibault Laget-ro studied at the Institut des Hautes Études en Arts Plastiques, and at the end of this training, he participated in the Paris Biennale in Beirut.
He has carried out two artist residencies: one in Santa Fé in the United States and the other in Canada, at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Baie-Saint-Paul.
In 2009, he was one of the winners of the Colas Foundation. In 2016, the Musée d'art contemporain de Baie-Saint-Paul will add the work "L'Immersion" to its collection.
In his works, Thibault Laget-ro has a very graphic style, we find a recurring character who has known several colours: red between 2005 and 2007, blue between 2007 and 2009, beige between 2009 and 2011, brown from 2012...
Since 2012, the painter has been interested in the major social issues relating to the notion of freedom. His plastic research regularly opposes those who experience violent events and those who witness them, off-line, in comfort and indifference.
Often associated with narrative figuration and pop art, it is difficult to confine him to these, as Thibault Laget-ro distances himself from them in certain aspects, his work tends towards a particularly committed approach. In May 2018, the artist committed himself alongside 31 artists against famine in the Horn of Africa, by donating a work to UNICEF.
Thibault Laget-ro is collected internationally, notably by: the Baie Saint Paul Museum of Contemporary Art in Canada, the COLAS Foundation, the François PINAULT Private Collection, the MONTRESSO Foundation, the Artothèque de Saint-Cloud, the Artothèque de Lille, the Artothèque de Draguignan, the Artothèque de la Ferrière aux Etangs...
• Montresso Foundation, Le rêve américain, Marrakech, Maroc
• National Exhibition Center, Saguenay, Canada
• Art center Espace Valles, "Les rivages Brûlants", Saint Martin d’Heres
• "De visu, Oh! Les belles couleurs !", DRAC Normandie
• Galerie 29, "Les échappés", Evian-les-Bains
• Contemporary art center le Mix, "Mons Suum II", Mourenx, France
• Chabran Cultural Centre, "La vie d’AMER", Draguignan, France
• Jérome B Gallery, "Le monde des enchantés", Bordeaux, France
• "Panorama, de l'Exil à L'exode", DRAC Normandie
• Gallery of the Lycée Auguste et Louis Lumière, "(Un)différent", La Ciotat, France
• Galerie du Chai Pierre and Bertrand Couly, "Mons Suum", Chinon, France
• Couteron Gallery, "Exode", Paris
• Draguignan Museum of Art and History, "Normalement, la vie continue..."
• Orangery of the Senate, "Point critique", Paris
• Capuchin Chapel, Cultural Space of the town of Aigues Mortes, France